Monday, September 14, 2009

Dad thoughts...

Written by Joe Posnanski (writer for KC Star and Sports Illustrated) - made me laugh...

These are simply … Dad Thoughts:

– Dad thought: Any and all Dad activities related to building, repairing, restoring or renovating something for a child will take at least one hour longer than expected. It may take several days longer.

– Dad thought: You spend an hour or more driving an air-conditioned car to an amusement park. You then spend all day wandering the park and looking for a ride like an air-conditioned car.

– Dad thought: A birthday party for 8-year-old girls is high pitched enough to be heard by dogs six states over.

– Dad thought: A 2-door car may look cooler and it may spark something from your youth and you may justify it in your mind (“Hey, this is MY car”) … but, in the end, it just ain’t worth it.

– Dad thought: Little kids really can’t spell.

– Dad thought: Two young daughters are an excellent excuse to lower the driveway basketball goal as low as it can go. And since it’s that low anyway … might as well dunk.

– Dad thought: People really have stopped waving when you let them cut into your lane, haven’t they?

– Dad thought: When I was young, Dads wore shorts and black socks which made them look utterly out of touch. I don’t wear shorts and black socks, but I am no doubt doing something that makes me look utterly out of touch. What is it?

– Dad thought: I don’t dislike the new music or find it to be corrupting — so I can at least cling to that bit of youth. But I must admit not being able to tell much of it apart.

– Dad thought: I have been wearing the same sneakers for about three years now. They are green from lawn mowing and dirty from overuse. And yet, I haven’t replaced them and am not especially eager to replace them. I used to want new sneakers every three months … what happened to me?

– Dad thought: The older my daughters get, the easier it seemed when they were babies.

– Dad thought: People ask me how my life has changed since I became a Dad. There are too many ways to explain, but perhaps the most telling is that I get up at 7 a.m. now, even when I’m on the road.

– Dad thought: Why can’t I fix a car? I always thought that when I became a Dad and turned 40, I would just naturally and instantly be able to fix cars. I just thought that file would be uploaded, like in The Matrix.

– Dad thought: Sneezing hurts. That’s just not right.

– Dad thought: There are still three big leaguers — Jamie Moyer, Tim Wakefield and Randy Johnson — who are older than I am. I’m just not sure how I’ll handle it when that number is zero.

– Dad thought: I am not sure if I am more amused or ticked off when one of my daughters tries to pull off a get-out-of-trouble trick I tried to pull as a child. It depends how well they pull the trick, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment