Saturday, August 22, 2009

Garage Sales, Golfing Grannies and Grover...

We spent most of the week getting ready for the garage sale but we took some time out on Wednesday night to go do some kayaking with the Arkansas River Coalition. They provided the kayaks and Mama and I spent a couple of hours paddling around a local lake...

We had the garage sale today and had a front row seat as every conceivable member of society roamed around our garage looking at and buying our junk. Jefe was nervous about all the visitors and tried to chew one ladies arm off (she tried to pick him up). We also almost smashed him when the ping pong table fell over.

One old lady came by and started telling us her life story. She talked about how one time she was at Walmart in the parking lot and heard a meowing coming from the car next to them. They waited until the car's owner came out and told him that he had a cat in his engine. The guy made some smart remark about how it would fall out eventually. The lady told him he better get that cat out of there right now "or else!". The dude said "Or else, what?". At this point the lady headed back to her car and got out a golf club and marched over to him and told him that she was "one helluva golfer".

He got the cat out and she has had the cat for eight years...

Oh yeah. Here's Grover to teach you a very important lesson:

3 comments:

  1. Haha! You guys crack me up. I bet you about had heart attacks when you almost squished Jefe. Poor puppy. And I laughed out loud at your near and far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...how's mom liking the Dead Until Dark book??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made up my mind about the book yet. I'm about half-way through and so far it's just so-so. I think I'm getting too old and having a hard time relating to these younger characters in these vampire books (i.e. what's-her-name in the Twilight series).

    ReplyDelete