Monday, August 3, 2009

Trip home...



The ride home was mostly uneventful. It did take me a while to find 90 west - I made it to Tremont street, but then all the roads started twisting and turning and hiding their names, making themselves one way when I needed to go the other, then the trees started taunting me and throwing their fruit.

I eventually found it and then enjoyed the bumper to bumper cars all the way across Massachusetts.

Once I got to New York, the traffic was a little better (I bet no one has ever written that sentence before!). I headed south and, like Christine when the food kept passing her by, I whined a little when I passed the turn off for Cooperstown (the home of the Baseball Hall of Fame)...



But I kept going and made it to Cleveland around 8:00...

I was up early the next day and left at 7:30. I stopped in at the gas station right next to the hotel and ran in to grab a diet Mt. Dew (Elena - you are thinking of that one girl now, right?)


and something quick to eat. Sadly, I selected a pack of Zingers and took my breakfast of champions to the counter.

The guy working there was obviously Mr. Buff Fitness Guy. He looked over my purchases, looked at me and asked:

"Did you know you grabbed a DIET Mt. Dew?"


I grumbled something about how I knew what I wanted and did the Hooper walk out to the truck and headed out.

Not the best way to start the day...

The rest of the trip was long (I went 1,000 miles in 15 hours) but I was happy to make it home to Jefe (I mean, of course, Mama and Sam)...

(Joel, put that in the log...)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home and thanks for helping us with all the stuff around the apartment.
    and no I do not want a grape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! You're funny Dad. Sorry you had to past the Hall of fame. I'm glad you made it out of Boston...how funny would it have been if you got so turned around you ended up back at the apartment?

    ReplyDelete